We want you to have a wonderful time during your vacation on Galveston Island. At the same time, The House Company is serious about maintaining a peaceful family atmosphere for your enjoyment as well as the enjoyment of all the people in the neighborhood. We are also committed to informing you about company rules and local laws. Please read the following carefully.
Reservations are made online, by phone or in person. Once we receive your reservation: A. The House Company will email, fax or mail documents to leaseholder. Leaseholder will review, sign and return documents to The House Company via fax 409-515-6108, email- [email protected] or mail to 2615 Broadway, Galveston, Texas 77550. B. The House Company will process payment, review documents and email a confirmation. Your reservation is NOT confirmed until we email you a confirmation.
Cancellations: Unforeseen emergencies do occur. We will try our best to work with you. All cancellations must be in writing and delivered to our office. Travel Insurance is available and the cost is 6.5% of your total. It is optional. A. If you cancel within 30 days or more of your arrival date you will receive a full refund less an $150 cancellation fee and Travel Insurance premium, if taken. B. If your cancellation is made less than 30 days of your arrival date The House Company will refund ONLY if the property is re-rented for the same time period. You will receive a full refund less a $150 cancellation fee and Travel Insurance premium, if taken. C. Once your reservation is confirmed with a payment- cancellations, date changes or switching of accommodations will activate the cancellation policy.
Check-in time is after 3:00 pm. A. Any balance due will be processed the day prior to your arrival, except if your arrival is scheduled on a Sunday, Monday or a Holiday, then your balance is due by noon that Friday. Your final payment will be processed on the card you provided unless you make other arrangements prior to the due date and time. B. Once your payment is processed, a receipt and check-in/ checkout instructions including property address, unit information and codes to property will be emailed to the email address on file. Please check your email before check-in so you have all the information you will need to access the unit.
Check-out time is by 11:00 am. D. Any holdover on or after the scheduled day of departure at 11 am will be subject to a $500 per day holdover fee. E. For lost or unreturned keys, remotes or cards you will be charged $200.
Damage Deposit in the amount of $500.00 is required on all rentals. Damage deposits are collected by major credit cards- Visa, MasterCard or Discover. The damage deposit is processed on your arrival date and as an authorization only. A charge is not ran unless there are actual damages done to the property. Items charged to damage deposit include but not limited to: smoking inside, unauthorized pets, leaving the house excessively dirty, using household linens (sheets, towels, blankets, etc) at the beach/ pools. We generally define excessive dirtiness as: more than a large garbage bag of trash spread throughout the property, excessive food spilled around the house and in the stove and refrigerator, trash on the ground outside, etc. Any damage to the furnishings or removal of housekeeping, linens, decorative or permanent items will also be charged to you.
Pets: Some of our homes are pet friendly. If you wish to bring your pet, please be sure you are renting a pet friendly property. Your pet must be registered with The House Company and a $75 non-refundable per/ pet fee that will be added. We are happy to accommodate service dogs meeting ADA Guidelines, defined as “a dog that has been individually trained to do work or perform tasks for an individual with a disability”. A. Renter will be asked to note the task your service dog has been trained to perform. B. If you/your friend/your family member is/are traveling with a “comfort dog” (one that has not been trained for a specific task for a person with a disability) we have pet friendly properties to choose from. Call us and we’ll help you find the perfect pet friendly property to accommodate your stay!
Hold Harmless: Renter/Tenant shall defend, indemnify, and hold The House Company harmless from and against any and all claims, costs (including attorney's fees), damages and liabilities arising or alleged to arise from any injuries to any person(s) or damage to any Renter/Tenant property occurring during the rental period in or about the rented property.
For our vacation rental properties that are listed for sale, we cannot guarantee that the property will not be sold prior to your rental arrival date. In the event that the property is sold before your arrival date and you have a reservation booked for the property, The House Company will do its best to find another suitable rental property for you to lease. If you are agreeable to accepting a replacement property, then you will be expected to sign another rental agreement and to pay the difference in rental rate upon arrival date. If the replacement property is less than the original rental property, The House Company will refund the difference to you upon arrival. If you refuse to accept a replacement property and/or a replacement property cannot be found, then a full refund of the rental deposit will be refunded to you. Please be advised that if we cannot find a replacement property for you then we will direct you to another management company so they may assist you in finding a property.
Monthly Rentals: Our homes and condominiums are available for monthly rentals during non-peak season. Monthly rates are not subject to 15% hotel/lodging tax. Utilities are included with a cap- should these monthly utilities go over the cap, renter is responsible for overage. Utilities will vary by size of home and usage. Cleaning, parking, reservation, and other fees are paid by the renter in addition to monthly rental fee.
Emergencies: During your stay, if you have any questions or need assistance regarding your rental property, please call our office at 409-763-8030. If it is after hours, leave your name, number, property that you are renting and the nature of your call. Your call will be returned as soon as possible. For emergencies, call 911. For non-emergency police assistance call the Galveston Police at 409-766-2100. For Jamaica Beach, call 409-737-1800. To reach The House Company peace officers, call GARM Security at 409-682-3603.
Rentals include furnishings, linens, kitchen equipment, appliances, heating and air conditioning. All equipment should be in working order when you check in but things do break down unexpectedly! Please report to us as soon as possible so we can take care of it for you. We will make every reasonable effort to resolve the problem promptly. Our goal is to provide you with a clean, safe environment. If something is not to your satisfaction, within 2 hours of your arrival, please call the office immediately so we can correct the problem in a timely manner. Reduction of rent cannot be expected for any mechanical failure of a/c’s, heat, appliances, cable/ satellite, internet access, electronics, pools/ hot tubs or any other amenity. Complaints of housekeeping or maintenance issues are not accepted at check out and refunds/ credits will not be given.
What to bring: We do not furnish foods of any kind such as seasonings, condiments, etc., grilling supplies such as fluid, charcoal, personal soaps such as shampoo body wash, etc. or cleaning supplies such as dish soap, laundry soap, etc. A "starter" supply of paper products such as toilet paper, paper towels, garbage bags, etc. are in each unit, the renter is responsible for additional products during their stay. Beach and Pool items: towels, chairs, umbrellas, sun block, repellents and toys!
Galveston Association of Rental Managers (GARM)
2017 Guest Agreement
The most enjoyable vacations are those that are worry-free. Make the most of your vacation by taking the same precautions that you do at home: keep your vacation home and cars locked at all times and safeguard your keys.
I agree that I and all of my guests understand and will abide by these subdivision, city and state laws:
• The leaseholder is at least 25 years old and must be an occupant during the entire stay.
• House occupancy will not be exceeded.
• Loud music and noise is prohibited.
• All cars & guests will be registered with the rental office at check-in, and all cars will be parked in the driveway. When parking cars on the street, vehicular traffic will not be impeded.
• Posted street signage (speed limits, parking) will be obeyed.
• Cars will not be parked on lawns or in a neighbor’s driveway. Vehicles will not be driven or parked anywhere where not allowed.
• Motor homes, campers and tents are prohibited and may not be parked or hooked up at rental homes.
• Only people with a valid driver’s license may operate a golf cart. Police will issue tickets. • Non street-licensed vehicles (such as 4 wheelers, go carts, dirt bikes, scooters, ATVs, etc.) are not permitted anywhere on Galveston Island. • Barbeque grilling on decks is strictly prohibited; it is a fire hazard.
• Only registered pets are allowed in SOME rental homes and a $75 non-refundable fee has been collected. Leash laws must be obeyed at all times.
• While boating, “No Wake” rules in the canals will be obeyed.
• At canal homes, fishing lights must be turned off when not in use.
• The property is NON-SMOKING. Smokers will smoke outside and dispose of butts properly.
• Fish will be cleaned where caught. The remains will be carefully wrapped in plastic bags and placed in outdoor trash cans.
• Help keep Galveston clean! Garbage will be put in securely tied plastic bags and placed in the trash bins provided.
• In the case of a mandatory evacuation, Guests agree to evacuate homes as per City of Galveston orders.
• In the case of evacuation, the decision to re-enter the house is solely that of the Property Mgt. Company.
• Seaweed cannot be relocated on the beach without a permit. However, clearing a pathway to the water with a hand rake is allowed.
• The dunes are off-limits at all times! Walking, digging, standing or driving on dunes is never allowed. Dune crossovers or beach access points will be used to get to the beach. Fines range up to $10,000.
• Open fires & fireworks are prohibited everywhere on Galveston Island, including the beaches.
• Driving is allowed on certain beaches • Horses cannot be brought to any rental home.
• Glass containers are not allowed on Galveston beaches.
• All trash must be removed from the beach.
All of our rental properties are patrolled regularly by our off-duty peace officers. Violation of any of these policies will result in eviction and forfeiture of all monies paid! Also, many of the items are legally enforceable and subject to criminal prosecution.
During your stay, if you have any questions or need assistance regarding your rental property, please call our office at 409-763-8030. For after-hours assistance, call 409-763-8030. For emergencies, call 911. To reach GARM peace officers, call GARM Security at 409.682.3603.
2017 Galveston Association of Rental Managers (GARM)
●Beachtime Vacation Rentals ● Coastal Waves ● Gary Greene Vacation Rentals ● The House Company ●
● Realty Executives Advantage Vacation Rentals ● Ryson Realty Vacation Rentals ● Sand `N Sea Properties ●